Islesboro and Coronavirus (Covid19)
For recent island Covid info, Call 207-558-3030. You can order home COVID tests using the following website: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
Covid-19 Status on Islesboro
March 1, 2022
The Islesboro Health Center Reports 7 cases of Covid in the month of February.
February 2, 2022
The Islesboro Health Center reports 2 additional cases of Covid since 1/26/22 for a total of 35 cases since 1/10/22.
Even if you are fully vaccinated, be careful when you are out and about trying to lead a normal life. Double down on your good-neighbor responsibilities to protect yourself, your families and your neighbors. Take extra care to monitor for symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or fever. Our #1 goal must be to stop the possibility of community spread.
Next Booster / Vaccine Clinic
Thursday, 2/4, 1 - 2PM. CALL THE CLINIC ASAP (734-2213) to arrange an appointment.
FREE Home COVID tests available for pickup in the IHC Lobby Monday-Friday 1:00 - 2:00 pm 1 per household member.
What can you do?
- Please consider a Vaccination.
- Protect yourself, family and neighbors even if you are fully vaccinated. Wash your hands often. Wear a mask when outside of your home. Maintain a 6ft distance from all others. Avoid large or close gatherings. And if you are not feeling 100%, stay home and contact your health provider or call the Islesboro Health Center at 734-2213.
- Adapt to this new reality. All island businesses, organizations, school, town and public safety teams should reconsider their operations. Our island health liaison is available to help you operate safely – email: email@example.com
- Help your neighbors who may be dealing with Covid. But, do it safely.
- Stay informed by visiting this website.
- Waldo County is currently considered to have a "High/Substantial" Community Transmission Level for the Coronavirus . Maine recommends masks in "high" transmission indoor areas, regardless of vaccination status.
Mainland Vaccination Sites
If the on-island clinics don’t meet your needs, seek a vaccination wherever and whenever it is available. For all current Maine vaccination sites Click Here
Travel, Businesses, Organizations & Sporting Events
As of May 24th, Maine imposes no travel restrictions or capacity limits.
Reaching the Islesboro Public Safety Team 24x7
- EMERGENCY? DIAL 911
- For non-emergency issues, etc. you can call Waldo County Dispatch at 207-338-2040 and someone will get back to you.
Island Volunteer Help is Available
- For volunteer help of any kind please islesborovolunteercoordinator@ or call Tom Tutor at 734-6407. gmail.com
Help for Island Business & Organizations
- Contact Islesboro's Health Liaison Volunteer, Jane Wherren firstname.lastname@example.org
Shop local! Avoid going to the mainland.
Island Market and Durkee's Store
Open for in-store shopping with restrictions. Order via www.islesborofood.com for curbside pickup.
The Islesboro Community Center
The Youth area has a basket of snacks available for free right outside the door. This food is available 7 days a week from 6 am. until 5pm. Donations: Monetary donations are accepted: Please send a check to the ICC P.O. box 265, Islesboro, ME. 04848. We also have a donation button on our website.
Food Pantry and other services coordinated by the Second Baptist Church
Second Baptist Church is re-opening the Sanctuary only for In-Person Worship services on Sunday, May 16. Worship begins at 10:30. Must wear a mask and Social Distance to attend. Call Pastor Trish Goodspeed for more information: 207-734-2278 or 207-542-400
- Food Pantry at the church: hours are 4-6pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Donations: Monetary donations are accepted: the church cannot accept food from private individuals. Please send a check to: Second Baptist Church, P.O. Box 17, Islesboro, Maine 04848. Designate the Food Pantry on the memo line of the check.
- Mission Meals Luncheon on Thursdays: A frozen meal prepared and delivered by volunteers.
- Emergency Food Supply stored at the Church at the request of Public Safety, Health Center and Town.
Other Island Services
Penobscot Island Air Delivery
Will provide deliveries from Hannaford (Rockland) and South End Grocery (Rockland) for $10 a box. For information on how to setup delivery please refer to this document. 207-596-7500
Ferry & Quicksilver
The MSFS schedule. If buying tickets on the Islesboro side, you can call in (734-6935) with your ticket order and your tickets will be delivered to you in line. Please be in line at least 20 minutes before scheduled sailing time. Masks must be worn for walk-ons. Follow the instructions of the crew.
Quicksilver Water Taxi
Operates morning commuter service to Lincolnville Monday thru Friday. Thursday evening there is an 8:15 pm from Islesboro and 8:30 pm from Lincolnville. Please RSVP. They are available for charter, call 207-557-0197 for availability and pricing, www.quicksilvermaine.com.
Post Office 734-8884
Vinal Energy (propane/oil) 613-7460
M&M Service (oil) 734-6971
A Music Video Tribute to the People of Islesboro
A musical tribute (YouTube) to our island’s essential workers and the volunteers who helped take us safely through 2020. It is also a thank you to everyone who "did the right thing". So this tribute is for YOU! Thank you!!
More Covid19 Information and Contact Information
- Health Center: 734-2213
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Covid Weekly Information - Call (207) 558-3030
- Gov. Mills Covid-19 website
- Island Institute website