Islesboro Health Center
150 Main Road
P.O. Box 137
Islesboro, ME 04848
9AM to 4:30PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - by appointment
1PM to 4:30PM - Wednesday - by appointmnet
Saturday - Closed
Urgent/Emergent Care After Hours
Please call the Provider On Call at 207-734-2213
Health Center Director
Dorie Henning, FNP-C
Owen Howell, PA-C
Beth O'Mara, FNP-BC
Cornelius Yetman, M.D.
Christine Kramer, D.O.
Health Center Administrator
Our goal is to provide quality preventative and restorative medical care at a reasonable cost for the residents of the Island of Islesboro. We offer a sliding fee schedule based on family size and income. No one will be denied access to service due to an inability to pay. Listed below are the many services provided by the Islesboro Health Center:
- Acute care visits: sprains, casts, coughs, sore throats, skin lesions, etc.
- Physical Exams – pediatric and adult
- Immunizations – pediatric and adult
- Testing on site – urinanalysis, EKG, Strep tests, pregnancy tests, INR, and others
- Women's health screening
- Contraceptive counseling
- Management of : chronic illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, elevated cholesterol
- Coordination with mainland healthcare providers and healthcare agencies like State Health Dept., Kno-Wal-Lin home healthcare agency
- Referral to specialists and therapists and counseling services
- Inventory of prescription drugs: for acute problems (antibiotics, prescription cold -medications and others)
- Help with ordering medications from mainland pharmacies.
New! - Mental Health and Prevention Program
The Islesboro Health Center and Islesboro Central School and Islesboro Community Fund have partnered to make Mental Health Care available to Islesboro residents; specifically to address moderate-to-severe depression, anxiety, and substance misuse.
Dr. Michael Wright and Ms. Emily Davis are licensed counselors available weekly to meet with school-aged children and adults in person and/or by remote sessions, as needed.
Adult residents can schedule an appointment with Dr. Wright or Ms. Davis by contacting the Islesboro Health Center @207-734-2213.
Parents and guardians of school-aged children may contact Ms. Emily Davis at emilyjfdavis@. gmail.com
Meetings with adults and children are held in a private location and fees are paid by the Islesboro Community Fund.
What are the hours of the Health Center?
The Health Center is open by appointment 9am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, Closed on Saturday. Providers are on- call 7 days a week 24 hours a day in case of emergencies. To reach a Provider after hours for a non-emergency issue call 734-2213. For emergencies, call 911.
What insurances are accepted at the Health Center?
Accepted healthcare providers are Medicare, MaineCare, AARP, Aetna, Cigna, Anthem BC/BS, Harvard Pilgrim, and Maine Community Health Options.
The Health Center also offers a sliding fee scale for qualified patients.
When is my payment due?
Your payment is due at the time of your appointment.
Do you take credit cards?
Yes we do take all major credit cards, which includes Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Money orders, cash, and checks are also acceptable forms of payment.