Islesboro Health Center
150 Main Road
P.O. Box 137
Islesboro, ME 04848
Phone: 734-2213 Fax: 734-8392
9AM to 4:30PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - by appointment
1PM to 4:30PM - Wednesday - by appointmnet
9AM-Noon Saturday by appointment
When you arrive, STAY IN YOUR CAR and call 734-2213 to let the office know you are there. They will come out and escort you in.
Do Not Wait on the Porch.
Health Center Director
Dorie Henning, FNP-C
Linda Wentworth, FNP-C
Owen Howell, PA-C
Beth O'Mara, NP
Health Center Administrator
Cornelius Yetman, M.D.
Christine Kramer, D.O.
Our goal is to provide quality preventative and restorative medical care at a reasonable cost for the residents of the Island of Islesboro. Listed below are the many services provided by the Islesboro Health Center:
- Acute care visits: sprains, casts, coughs, sore throats, skin lesions, etc.
- Physical Exams – pediatric and adult
- Immunizations – pediatric and adult
- Testing on site – urinanalysis, EKG, Strep tests, pregnancy tests, INR, and others
- Women's health screening
- Contraceptive counseling
- Management of : chronic illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, elevated cholesterol
- Coordination with mainland healthcare providers and healthcare agencies like State Health Dept., Kno-Wal-Lin home healthcare agency
- Referral to specialists and therapists and counseling services
- Inventory of prescription drugs: for acute problems (antibiotics, prescription cold -medications and others)
- Help with ordering medications from mainland pharmacies.
What are the hours of the Health Center?
The health center is open by appointment 9am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, and 9am – 12pm for walk-ins on Saturday. Providers are on- call 7 days a week 24 hours a day in case of emergencies. To reach a Provider after hours for a non-emergency issue call 734-2213. For emergencies, call 911.
What insurances are accepted at the Health Center?
Accepted healthcare providers are Medicare, MaineCare, AARP, Aetna, Cigna, Anthem BC/BS, Harvard Pilgrim, and Maine Community Health Options.
The health center also offers a sliding fee scale for qualified patients.
When is my payment due?
Your payment is due at the time of your appointment.
Do you take credit cards?
Yes we do take all major credit cards, which includes Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Money orders, cash, and checks are also acceptable forms of payment.