Islesboro and Coronavirus (Covid19)
A Music Video Tribute to the People of Islesboro
A musical tribute (YouTube) to our island’s essential workers and the volunteers who helped take us safely through 2020. It is also a thank you to everyone who "did the right thing". So this tribute is for YOU! Thank you!!
Protect yourself, your family and your neighbors from Covid-19. Avoid risky social situations, wash your hands frequently, practice social distancing and wear a face covering while out in public. Your safe "bubble" is your immediate household not your extended family or friends. If you feel sick, stay home. Quarantine if you are required to following out of state travel.
For recent island Covid info, Call 207-558-3030. You can listen to a recording of the most recent Crisis team call here.
For current information on the incidence of covid in Waldo County, please go to the NY Times Covid Tracker
Governor Mills has ordered:
- Wear a mask in all public places where you may encounter other people.
- If you’re coming into Maine and you’ve travelled anywhere other than Mass, VT or NH, you must quarantine for 10 days or get a test to show you no longer need to quarantine. Free tests are available on island. Quarantine means staying at home, away from others and not going into public places, stores and so forth. See links below for more info as these rules are fluid, have many exceptions and can be complicated.
Islesboro Health Center Covid - January 13, 2021
Current COVID Status on Islesboro:
The Health Center is not aware of any new confirmed positive cases of Covid infection on Islesboro as of this date. The Health Center providers are only informed of a positive result if the IHC is the ordering provider for the test or are notified by an individual personally.
There continues to be people on Islesboro who have had exposure to confirmed positive persons and require quarantine. There has been an uptick in the number of primary exposures on the island over the past 2 months. Please take all precautions – Masks, Social Distancing, etc.
COVID Vaccine Update for Islesboro
IHC has completed and submitted requirements to be eligible to receive and administer the COVID 19 Vaccine on island as it becomes available. There has been no information regarding when and if the vaccine will be made available to Islesboro. We will post information as it becomes available.
Boardman Cottage vaccines for residents and staff are scheduled to be administered by Kennebec Pharmacy on Thursday January 21st.
On-island Covid Tests
Covid testing on island Tuesday and Wednesday for symptomatic persons, confirmed Covid exposures or by referral from IHC provider.
For a free covid test please contact IHC 734-2213 or Beth O’Mara RN 200-4116 or ihccovidtest@ gmail.com
Information on Swab and Send sites and Rapid Testing Sites in Maine: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/testing
Islesboro Health Center
Open for acute or routine health issues. All visits are by appointment only. 734-2213
Help is Available
General Assistance: For volunteer help of any kind please islesborovolunteercoordinator@ or call Tom Tutor at 734-6407. gmail.com
Help for Island Business & Organizations
Contact Islesboro's Health Liaison Volunteer, Jane Wherren islesborohealth@ gmail.com
Tell us you are here!
As a courtesy, help us to have an accurate understanding of people living on island - really important for public safety responsiveness. The data collected is confidential to the Public Safety team. This online questionnaire asks for your name, address, number of people with you and how to contact you. If your information changes, then fill it in again and the system will discard your previous entry.
Email us at: crisisteam@ townofislesboro.com
Reaching The Islesboro Public Safety Team 24x7
- EMERGENCY? DIAL 911
- For non-emergency issues, etc. you can call Waldo County Dispatch at 207-338-2040 and someone will get back to you.
- To report a Covid-19 compliance violation, go to: https://appengine.egov.com/apps/me/non-compliance
What's Available On Islesboro This Winter
Shop local! Avoid going to the mainland.
Island Market and Durkee's Store are open for in-store shopping with restrictions. Order via www.islesborofood.com for curbside pickup.
The Islesboro Community Center is continuing its Care and Comfort program by offering Souper Sundays from 11-2. Warm soup and delicious bread/rolls are available for pickup. We also can arrange for delivery just give us a call at 8200 or email us. This program is anonymously funded and is for anyone in need of a warm meal.
The Youth area has a basket of snacks available for free right outside the door. This food is available 7 days a week from 6 am. until 5pm.
Donations: Monetary donations are accepted: Please send a check to the ICC P.O. box 265, Islesboro, ME. 04848. We also have a donation button on our website.
Food Pantry and other services coordinated by the Second Baptist Church Contact Pastor Trish Goodspeed at 734-2278 (parsonage), 207-542-4006 (cell) or by email. For more information, please see this letter.
- Food Pantry at the church: hours are 4-6pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Donations: Monetary donations are accepted: the church cannot accept food from private individuals. Please send a check to: Second Baptist Church, P.O. Box 17, Islesboro, Maine 04848. Designate the Food Pantry on the memo line of the check.
- Free Food Distribution by Farmers to Families Food Program: A free box of meat, dairy and produce can be picked up or have it delivered. Next distribution December 18th at the Church.
- Mission Meals Luncheon on Thursdays: A frozen meal prepared and delivered by volunteers.
- Soup and Bread on Sundays: Volunteers deliver to folks on Mission Meals list who request it.
- Emergency Food Supply stored at the Church at the request of Public Safety, Health Center and Town.
The hours are 4-6pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Charge accounts are available at both markets for perishable products (contact Pastor Trish for access).
On the Rock Café – order via www.islesborofood.com
Penobscot Island Air Delivery will provide deliveries from Hannaford (Rockland) and South End Grocery (Rockland) for $10 a box. For information on how to setup delivery please refer to this document.
Ferry & Quicksilver
The MSFS schedule. If buying tickets on the Islesboro side, you can call in (734-6935) with your ticket order and your tickets will be delivered to you in line. Please be in line at least 20 minutes before scheduled sailing time. Masks must be worn for walk-ons. Follow the instructions of the crew...
The Quicksilver Water Taxi operates morning commuter service to Lincolnville Monday thru Friday. Thursday evening there is an 8:15 pm from Islesboro and 8:30 pm from Lincolnville. Please RSVP. They are available for charter, call 207-557-0197 for availability and pricing, www.quicksilvermaine.com.
- Post Office 734-8884
- Penobscot Island Air 596-7500
- Vinal Energy (propane/oil) 342-4040
- M&M Service (oil) 734-6971
Resources for Assistance
- 211 Maine 211 Maine has launched an updated website to help with complex needs like shelter, substance use, mental health, or food access. 211 Maine can also be accesed by dialing 211 or by texting your zip code to 898-211.
- Islesboro Community Fund
- Islesboro-specific and online mental health resources
- Health & Human Services Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990, website, Facebook, or text 'TalkWithUs' to 66746
- Island Institute comprehensive list of relief activities
- Maine Housing Rental Relief Program - if you need assitance filling out these forms, please contact the Town Office.
- Online filing for unemployment claims
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) provides payment to workers not traditionally eligible for unemployment benefits (self-employed, independent contractors, workers with limited work history, and others) who are unable to work as a direct result of the coronavirus public health emergency.
- Second Baptist Food Pantry 734-2278